The IWCB Charity Christmas Bazaar, our main fundraiser, has become the largest and most visible event of the expat and diplomatic community in Slovakia.
In the past 26 years we have raised over 1 MILLION Euros, helping hundreds of charities across the country.
The Christmas Bazaar provides a unique opportunity for countries to introduce themselves to the local community through vibrant and informative tables. The event comes alive with colourful national costumes, a vast array of international products, delicious flavours and enticing scents, and a spectacular display of flags. For companies, schools and non-profit organisations, it is an excellent means of promoting their goods and/or services, as the Bazaar is a well-known and highly publicised event covered by mainstream media.
The purpose of the Bazaar:
(1) to raise money to provide financial assistance to selected, registered charity organisations in Slovakia; and
(2) to promote a greater appreciation for different cultures.
Save the Date: Sunday, 25 November 2018 @ Stará Tržnica
Planning is in full swing!
If you are interested in supporting this grand fundraiser as a sponsor or by contributing financial and/or prize donations, please contact email@example.com
Let's keep the momentum going!
Who is involved?
The International Women’s Club of Bratislava is responsible for the planning, organization and execution of the Bazaar. Our Bazaar Team, under the leadership of the Bazaar Coordinator and with the support of the IWCB Board, is comprised of volunteers passionate about giving back to the local community. We are honoured to have as partners the international community in Bratislava, foreign embassies and their staff (including most of the ambassadors), local and foreign companies, City of Bratislava and the Slovak Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
What is the size of this event?
In 2017 we had:
Last year - 2017 Charity Christmas Bazaar Flyer
- over 3000 visitors
- 22 financial sponsors
- over 500 tombola prizes
- 31 countries
- 2 associated clubs
- 4 international schools
- 4 Slovak non-profit organisations
and raised 80.500,00 EUR!
Who does what?
- Embassies, representations of foreign countries in Slovakia, and other partners are invited to set up tables to sell a selection national products (e.g. food & beverages, souvenirs, books, etc.). They find sponsors for merchandise and donate the proceeds to the IWCB.
- The IWCB is responsible for the planning, organisation and execution of the event before and on the day of the event. This includes preparation of the venue, logistics, decorations, tombola, insurance, ticket sales, etc. All volunteers involved in the Bazaar work for free, without any financial compensation.
All profits from the Bazaar are used to support registered charitable organisations all over Slovakia. The recipients of our financial support are carefully selected. Their needs are assessed by the Club’s Charity Committee and the IWCB Board before a determination is made on the allocation of funds.