Ingredients (35-40 pieces):
400g minced pork (shoulder or belly)
200g spring cabbage or Chinese cabbage
100g garlic chive (Chinese chive) or chive or bear garlic in spring
50g dried shiitake(after soaked)
Thin round pastry skin (ready made dumpling skin)
1 tsp miso paste or 1/2 tsp salt
2 ts sesame oil
1. Finely chop all vegetables.
2. Mix cabbage in a bowl, season with salt and set aside(30min.)
3. Squeeze the cabbage to remove excess water.
4. Mix well all ingredients except garlic chive and season it with A. Then add garlic chive and mix all gently.
5. Place a spoonful of filling onto each pastry skin.
6. Wet the edges of the skin with water, fold in half, pinch pleats into the edge and wrap up.(See www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhAcCx6Je-E , you can find the video how to wrap the filling.)
7. Heat a large skillet over a high heat and add 2 tsp vegetable oil.
8. Place 10~15 dumplings in the skillet and cook them until the bottom is nice and brown.
9. Add a cup of water in the skillet and soon cover it immediately with a lid. Cook until the water has evaporated.
10. Remove the lid and continue to cook until the bottoms are crispy.
Notes: From 8 to 10, keep the high heat. It takes about 7 minutes.
11. Serve them with B (mixed as your taste).